A last hurrah for stew as it begins to hit the 80’s here in the Valley. In fact, I’m getting a bit too warm just looking at these photos.
It was perfect on a cold night. So if you’re looking for something hearty and warm to eat, have a bowl of this!
Here’s the recipe:
Comfort Beef Stew
[good for 2 to 3 servings]
- .7 lb tenderized beef stew meat
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 5 cups water
- 2 potato
- 1 decent-sized carrot
- 1/2 cup yellow onion
- 1 large beef bullion
- extra virgin olive oil
- Heat olive oil in medium heat. Saute onions with salt pepper
- Add meat, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook until brown, stir occasionally, about 7 minutes.
- Add 3 cups water and allow to boil until meat is tender. Depending on the meat, 15-20 minutes.
- Dissolve bullion in the pot and add 2 cups water, potatoes and carrots.
- Cover and cook for 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender and potatoes start to disintegrate. Soup will have thickened from the potato’s starch.