Filed Under | baking, coffee buddy, dailies, dessert

Cinnamon Roll Update

Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls

And from hereon, feel free to call me the Patron Saint of Cinnamon Rolls for talking about and making way too much of them. Anyway, I think I’ve finally got my holy grail recipe sealed to perfection, after a several baking litanies. If you’re still searching for a cinnamon roll recipe to knock your socks off, I’ve updated the recipe with less flour, a different kind of sugar for the caramel, and a hint of lemon for the glaze. I’ve discovered the goodness of using turbinado sugar for the caramel by accident — because I ran out of golden brown cane sugar. Who knew it would make it extra extra gooey? I got the idea to add lemon because I add a hint of lemon when making sweet stuff like flan (which also has caramel) and it elevates all the flavors, plus it smells good. If you’d like an easy-to-print PDF copy, you can download it here ยป Ultimate Caramel Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Glaze.

Oh, by the way, would you like the recipes to be print-ready in PDF? We’re looking into incorporating that to get you cooking faster. What do you think? Your feedback would be helpful!

n

n

n
n
{democracy:7}

Enjoy the rolls and happy weekend everyone!

11 Responses to “Cinnamon Roll Update”

1. Farida says:

Yum! This cinnamon rolls look so delicious! Thanks for posting the recipe. I’ve printed it and when the family craves something sweet (which happens quite often) I’ll give it a try.

2. joy says:

Farida — Thanks girl, and you’re welcome. :) This should be perfect for those sweet cravings!

oh…what I wouldn’t give to have one of those right now! They look fabulous, St. Joy (hehe!)! Next time I make them, I’ll try this version, for sure!

Elle’s last blog post..It’s Springtime in New England! And a cookbook pimp!

4. PDF’s are a really cool idea – having a folder on my desktop with recipes might actually give me the extra nudge I need!

moneyloveandchange’s last blog post..Setting goals for April

5. KCee says:

Awww, I’m so craving this now! Thanks for the recipe =)

KCee’s last blog post..Friendship Chain

6. joy says:

Elle — Haha. Let me know what you think when you make them. :)

moneyloveandchange — Thanks for your input!

KCee — You’re welcome. Enjoy!

7. amy says:

joy – thanks for commenting on my blog! every time i’m doing my recipro-drops, i stop for a moment and salivate over these cinnamon rolls! i really think i should just break down and make them!

amy’s last blog post..You Know You’re An Airhead When…

8. Hillary says:

Jesus that’s beautiful! :) I love cinnamon rolls.

Hillary’s last blog post..If Spring Isn’t Here Yet, I’m Going To Keep Cooking Winter Food

9. Lorissa says:

Ohmy. There goes my diet.

10. Vicky says:

Wow, thanks so much – have just made these and they’re a superstar recipe! Highly recommend anyone thinking about giving these a go….YOMYOMYOM!! :D

11. Rob Davidson says:

I visited San Diego last month for a conference. My wife and I fell in love with the fantastic lemon cinamon scrolls at our hotel. I have been searching for a good recipe to recreate these as a breakfast treat back in Australia. So pleased I found your site. I will try to perfect these as a treat for Easter.