Cinnamon Roll Update

This is our ultimate, ultimate caramel cinnamon rolls recipe with lemon cream cheese glaze. We’ve made these so many times and can attest to its foolproof-ness. This dough will rise and the flavors will deliver.

FacebookTwitterGoogle+Share

Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls

And from hereon, feel free to call me the Patron Saint of Cinnamon Rolls for talking about and making way too much of them. Anyway, I think I’ve finally got my holy grail recipe sealed to perfection, after a several baking litanies. If you’re still searching for a cinnamon roll recipe to knock your socks off, I’ve updated the recipe with less flour, a different kind of sugar for the caramel, and a hint of lemon for the glaze. I’ve discovered the goodness of using turbinado sugar for the caramel by accident — because I ran out of golden brown cane sugar. Who knew it would make it extra extra gooey? I got the idea to add lemon because I add a hint of lemon when making sweet stuff like flan (which also has caramel) and it elevates all the flavors, plus it smells good. If you’d like an easy-to-print PDF copy, you can download it here ยป Ultimate Caramel Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Glaze.

Oh, by the way, would you like the recipes to be print-ready in PDF? We’re looking into incorporating that to get you cooking faster. What do you think? Your feedback would be helpful!

n

n

n
n
{democracy:7}

Enjoy the rolls and happy weekend everyone!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

11 Comments

• March 28, 2008 9:53 pm

Yum! This cinnamon rolls look so delicious! Thanks for posting the recipe. I’ve printed it and when the family craves something sweet (which happens quite often) I’ll give it a try.

• joy
    March 28, 2008 11:14 pm

Farida — Thanks girl, and you’re welcome. :) This should be perfect for those sweet cravings!

• March 29, 2008 8:50 am

oh…what I wouldn’t give to have one of those right now! They look fabulous, St. Joy (hehe!)! Next time I make them, I’ll try this version, for sure!

Elle’s last blog post..It’s Springtime in New England! And a cookbook pimp!

• March 29, 2008 10:49 am

PDF’s are a really cool idea – having a folder on my desktop with recipes might actually give me the extra nudge I need!

moneyloveandchange’s last blog post..Setting goals for April

• March 29, 2008 11:05 am

Awww, I’m so craving this now! Thanks for the recipe =)

KCee’s last blog post..Friendship Chain

• joy
    March 30, 2008 11:45 am

Elle — Haha. Let me know what you think when you make them. :)

moneyloveandchange — Thanks for your input!

KCee — You’re welcome. Enjoy!

• March 30, 2008 5:43 pm

joy – thanks for commenting on my blog! every time i’m doing my recipro-drops, i stop for a moment and salivate over these cinnamon rolls! i really think i should just break down and make them!

amy’s last blog post..You Know You’re An Airhead When…

• April 1, 2008 12:59 pm

Jesus that’s beautiful! :) I love cinnamon rolls.

Hillary’s last blog post..If Spring Isn’t Here Yet, I’m Going To Keep Cooking Winter Food

• April 12, 2008 5:50 am

Ohmy. There goes my diet.

• Vicky
    April 13, 2011 4:26 am

Wow, thanks so much – have just made these and they’re a superstar recipe! Highly recommend anyone thinking about giving these a go….YOMYOMYOM!! :D

• Rob Davidson
    April 6, 2014 3:28 am

I visited San Diego last month for a conference. My wife and I fell in love with the fantastic lemon cinamon scrolls at our hotel. I have been searching for a good recipe to recreate these as a breakfast treat back in Australia. So pleased I found your site. I will try to perfect these as a treat for Easter.