Light & Tangy Honey Peach Frozen Yogurt

I spent my college years watching Sex & The City with my girlfriends. SATC night was a bonding session that involved food and lots of laughter. Those were memorable times. :-) It shouldn’t be a surprise that I watched it the first night it came out, and I dragged Dan to the show, too! After the movie, I was hankering for a cosmo (haha). Having had margaritas earlier that night, I settled for a non-alcoholic light, sweet and tangy peach frozen yogurt served in a martini glass, of course. This was a perfect night cap. [Yes, I'm a hopeless midnight-snacker.]

Honey Peach Frozen Yogurt

I used 2% Fage greek yogurt for this treat. It was very refreshing and I’m happy to say that it’s another one of my yogurt concoctions that’s approved by Dan. The one-quart batch is almost gone!

What flavor(s) should we try next? Any suggestions?

Here’s the recipe for you to try:

Light & Tangy Honey Peach Frozen Yogurt
ยป Download the PDF recipe

Ingredients to make 1 quart of frozen goodness

• 15 frozen peach slices (defrosted)
  • 3/4 and 1/8 cup clover honey
  • 2 cups (500 grams) 2% Fage Yogurt
  • 1/2 cup whole milk

Preparation:

1. In a blender [or Magic Bullet if you have one], pulse the peach slices with 3/4 cups honey until the mixture is smooth and homogenous. If your peach slices are not cold, cool this mixture in the fridge before continuing.
  2. Mix the yogurt on low speed for 2 minutes, and then add the milk and honey-peach mixture. Mix until thoroughly blended.
  3. Set up your ice cream maker and turn it on. Pour the yogurt mixture into the bowl, following your equipment’s instructions.
  4. After 10 minutes, slowly pour (almost like a drizzle) the 1/8 cup honey into the spout.
  5. Allow the ice cream to churn for another 10-15 minutes. Transfer to a freezer-safe container with lid and put in the freezer for at least 3 hours. I like ‘resting’ our frozen yogurt for at least 24 hours to get the best flavor. I don’t know why, but after a day of waiting it tastes so much better.

Note: You can also use fresh peach slices, although I wouldn’t know how many cups you would need. I’ll have to measure it in cups next time.

15 Responses to “Light & Tangy Honey Peach Frozen Yogurt”

Hey, that looks really good! I made frozen yogurt a while back but even with churning it wasn’t that scoopable! Grrr!
    I used to watch SATC religiously too, but not with any company! It’s too embarrassing!

Manggys last blog post..Passionfruit Vacherin with Blackberry Sauce

2. Nicole says:

Mango or raspberry would be good. However, I thinking hazelnut with a dash of Frangelico would be fantastic. Okay a glug of Frangelico!!

SITC hasn’t opened yet here in Australia and I’m dying to see it. I have only read good reviews about it.

Nicoles last blog post..The Great Big Vegetable Challenge

3. Trish says:

I am new to your blog but have already saved a bunch of your recipes in my desktop recipe file. This sounds wonderful. I am looking for some lighter things to make in my new ice cream maker. I also reallly LOVE the fact that you make your recipes available in pdf format.

Thanks,

Trish
    Omaha, NE

4. Whenever I come around to your blog and I see the pictures of different mouth watering meals, I feel hungry!
    A lovely site you have and you are doing a wonderful job on it. Cheers.

Tony – Nigerian Entrepreneurs last blog post..Free WordPress Premium Theme For Your Blog

5. Maxine says:

If only I had an ice cream maker….. that sounds so refreshing and delicious! That may have to be my next big kitchen purchase! :)

Maxines last blog post..Eating Healthy with Amitabul

6. brilynn says:

My ice cream machine has been working on overdrive lately, I’ll have to add this to the list of things to try next!

brilynns last blog post..Coconut Mango Chocolate Ice Cream Cake… And New Toys

7. This looks great! Lovely flavors!

My Sweet & Saucys last blog post..3 Square Bakery + Cafe Review

8. Kendra says:

I second the mango and raspberry. I think it’s also the season for blackberries :)

9. farida says:

I love the flavors in this yummy treat! One problem though – I don’t have an ice cream maker:(

10. Lori says:

That sounds really good, especially with the Greek yogurt! Hmmm, some other flavors? Blackberry, mango, passion fruit, guava…so many to choose from! :)

Loris last blog post..Miso Kimchi Soup: The homemade version

11. joy says:

Manggy — Wow, really? I end up with semi-soft ice cream with our machine. What did you use? Hahaha…you made me laugh so hard! :p

Nicole — Great suggestions! I’ll have to look for Manila mangoes if I do use mangoes, as I’m so picky with them. I’ve been meaning to try adding alcohol in ice cream/frozen yogurt, maybe I’ll get over than ‘fear’ soon. [I'm afraid it won't freeze because alcohol doesn't freeze.]

Trish — You are so welcome. I’m glad you’re finding recipes you can use. That’s really nice to hear. :) Thanks for leaving feedback. I was thinking of ditching the PDF versions!

Tony — Thank you for your wonderful words. Keep coming back. Just get something to eat after. Haha.

Maxine — Aw, I’m sure you feel like beating me up when I post these ice cream recipes. LOL. It really is worth it to get one. We got ours as a gift. :)

brilynn — Yay! Since we got this machine, we’ve never paid for store-bought ice cream again. It’s addicting to make stuff.

My Sweet & Saucy — Thank you!

Kendra — I’m adding all your suggestions to my list! Thanks!

Farida — Thanks! Aw, I feel so bad! We’re looking for ways to help out our deprived readers with that. Watch out. :-D

Lori — Thanks. Passion fruit, guava…I haven’t thought of that. :) I’ll add it to the list. Now I’m getting hungry.

12. katy says:

this is right up my alley! love frozen yogurt, love midnight snacking, love peaches and honey! i’m making this for sure.

13. Hillary says:

I love the idea of that peach flavor. It looks so delicious!

Hillarys last blog post..Top Chef Chicago Watch: Finale Pt. 1

14. Mike says:

This looks delicious! Now that peaches are coming back to the shelves by me, I’m dying to try this.

Mikes last blog post..You Scream, I Scream, We All Scream for Frozen Desserts: A call for posts!

1. [...] Enjoy the peaches warm. It’s a little soft and very…VERY delicious. You can also top it with vanilla bean ice cream, or serve it iced on a bowl if you like it cold. Or add it to frozen yogurt. [...]