Keeping It Simple: Roasted Peaches

Sometimes the best things are better if kept simple. Here we just sugared fresh peaches and roasted them in the oven for a healthy and sweet tooth-satisfying treat.

FacebookTwitterGoogle+Share

I got these beautiful organic and local peaches from the Granville Island Public Market. They are so good fresh, but I was looking for something else to do with them without as much work as making peach crumble or pie. Then I saw Susan’s Roasted Peach Ice cream and read how she roasted the blushing fruits. I knew exactly what I was going to do next.

Good for two peaches, I just combined 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. I rolled the quartered peach slices into this mixture and placed them one cheek against a greased pie pan.

Notice that it’s missing one quarter because I ate it. I mean, it looks like it would be cramped in there so somebody had to eat it! Hah.

I had them roast at 400ºF for 20 minutes. When I took the pan out, I turned the peaches on their other cheek so both sides of a quarter slice will get the syrup at the bottom. And I let them cool for a bit.

Enjoy the peaches warm. It’s a little soft and very…VERY delicious. You can also top it with vanilla bean ice cream, or serve it iced on a bowl if you like it cold. Or add it to frozen yogurt.

What fruits have you roasted (or cooked) and how? I’d love to know! I still have a bunch of fresh blueberries, figs, strawberries, peaches and pears here and I don’t know what to do with them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

15 Comments

• August 25, 2008 1:35 pm

I love that you ate while cooking, I would do the SAME thing!

Hillarys last blog post..Food in the News: Weekly Roundup

• August 25, 2008 5:44 pm

I’m so glad you tried this! Those peaches look out of this world! You can roast fresh figs too. I like to roast them and serve them stuffed with goat cheese and drizzled with a balsamic reduction.

Susan at Sticky,Gooey,Creamy,Chewys last blog post..Is Truth Really Stranger Than Fiction? You Betcha! (and the Ultimate Ice Cream Indulgence)

• August 26, 2008 10:52 am

Hmmm roasted peaches! They look so good :-p

• August 26, 2008 1:41 pm

Looks so good! I love roasted apples but I am sure roasted pears are delicious too! Gotta try!

• August 27, 2008 1:35 am

I love fresh peaches, too bad we don’t grow them here in the Philippines. I have yet to try roasting them though, perhaps the next time I’m in the US and they’re in season… yummy!

Gay of A Scientist in the Kitchens last blog post..Grilled Chicken Tandoori

• August 27, 2008 10:12 pm

One of my favorite radio programs is Good Food with Evan Kleiman. She did a story on grilled fruit a couple years ago that really opened my eyes to the joys of releasing those wonderful sugars.

Metroknow – AlmostFit.coms last blog post..Photos of What We Eat #9, Seattle edition: Indian food and the Seattle skyline

• September 3, 2008 4:55 am

wow! the peaches are definitely mouth watering…and if I could grab one at those right now, I would.

naomis last blog post..I Just Want To Lie Down

• September 3, 2008 12:17 pm

mmmmmmmm… those look good. I love peaches and now I know what to make for dessert :)

judyfoodies last blog post..Buckwheat Banana Bread

• joy
    September 5, 2008 1:01 am

Hillary — I always do. haha.

Susan — I tried the figs. I over-dried it. LOL.

Ben — Thanks! They were wonderful.

Farida — Admittedly, I haven’t tried roasting apples. I just make them as pies or crumble!

Gay of a Scientist in the Kitchen — I know! I rarely ate fresh peaches when I was in the Philippines.

Metroknow — I rarely grill fruit, but I think I’m addicted now.

Naomi — Thanks!

Judyfoodie — Let me know how it goes!

• September 14, 2008 1:44 pm

UMMMMM, those look so yummy right about now!!

• September 14, 2008 8:53 pm

For the Strawberries, I would try dipping them in melted chocolate. Just make sure they are good and dry first before the dipping. A little coconut for the dipping as well right after the dipping in the warm chcolate is an awesome combination.

Beamer

Beamers last blog post..Moon and a Light

• September 17, 2008 6:00 am

I have never roasted fruit before. These look delicious and make me want to have a go myself!

Losing Weight and Getting Healthys last blog post..Weight Loss Tip

• June 29, 2013 10:16 am

I am going to raost the peaches and combine them in my “Sweet Mouthful” dessert instead of strawberries!