Filed Under | dessert, healthier choices, snacks

Keeping It Simple: Roasted Peaches

I got these beautiful organic and local peaches from the Granville Island Public Market. They are so good fresh, but I was looking for something else to do with them without as much work as making peach crumble or pie. Then I saw Susan’s Roasted Peach Ice cream and read how she roasted the blushing fruits. I knew exactly what I was going to do next.

Good for two peaches, I just combined 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. I rolled the quartered peach slices into this mixture and placed them one cheek against a greased pie pan.

Notice that it’s missing one quarter because I ate it. I mean, it looks like it would be cramped in there so somebody had to eat it! Hah.

I had them roast at 400ºF for 20 minutes. When I took the pan out, I turned the peaches on their other cheek so both sides of a quarter slice will get the syrup at the bottom. And I let them cool for a bit.

Enjoy the peaches warm. It’s a little soft and very…VERY delicious. You can also top it with vanilla bean ice cream, or serve it iced on a bowl if you like it cold. Or add it to frozen yogurt.

What fruits have you roasted (or cooked) and how? I’d love to know! I still have a bunch of fresh blueberries, figs, strawberries, peaches and pears here and I don’t know what to do with them.

15 Responses to “Keeping It Simple: Roasted Peaches”

1. Hillary says:

I love that you ate while cooking, I would do the SAME thing!

Hillarys last blog post..Food in the News: Weekly Roundup

2. I’m so glad you tried this! Those peaches look out of this world! You can roast fresh figs too. I like to roast them and serve them stuffed with goat cheese and drizzled with a balsamic reduction.

Susan at Sticky,Gooey,Creamy,Chewys last blog post..Is Truth Really Stranger Than Fiction? You Betcha! (and the Ultimate Ice Cream Indulgence)

3. Ben says:

Hmmm roasted peaches! They look so good :-p

4. farida says:

Looks so good! I love roasted apples but I am sure roasted pears are delicious too! Gotta try!

5. I love fresh peaches, too bad we don’t grow them here in the Philippines. I have yet to try roasting them though, perhaps the next time I’m in the US and they’re in season… yummy!

Gay of A Scientist in the Kitchens last blog post..Grilled Chicken Tandoori

6. One of my favorite radio programs is Good Food with Evan Kleiman. She did a story on grilled fruit a couple years ago that really opened my eyes to the joys of releasing those wonderful sugars.

Metroknow – AlmostFit.coms last blog post..Photos of What We Eat #9, Seattle edition: Indian food and the Seattle skyline

7. naomi says:

wow! the peaches are definitely mouth watering…and if I could grab one at those right now, I would.

naomis last blog post..I Just Want To Lie Down

8. judyfoodie says:

mmmmmmmm… those look good. I love peaches and now I know what to make for dessert :)

judyfoodies last blog post..Buckwheat Banana Bread

9. joy says:

Hillary — I always do. haha.

Susan — I tried the figs. I over-dried it. LOL.

Ben — Thanks! They were wonderful.

Farida — Admittedly, I haven’t tried roasting apples. I just make them as pies or crumble!

Gay of a Scientist in the Kitchen — I know! I rarely ate fresh peaches when I was in the Philippines.

Metroknow — I rarely grill fruit, but I think I’m addicted now.

Naomi — Thanks!

Judyfoodie — Let me know how it goes!

10. Kat says:

UMMMMM, those look so yummy right about now!!

11. Beamer says:

For the Strawberries, I would try dipping them in melted chocolate. Just make sure they are good and dry first before the dipping. A little coconut for the dipping as well right after the dipping in the warm chcolate is an awesome combination.

Beamer

Beamers last blog post..Moon and a Light

12. I have never roasted fruit before. These look delicious and make me want to have a go myself!

Losing Weight and Getting Healthys last blog post..Weight Loss Tip

13. Peter says:

I am going to raost the peaches and combine them in my “Sweet Mouthful” dessert instead of strawberries!

1. Friday Favorites…

Happy Friday!

Hello! Lots of links this week! And I’ll warn you in advance – its mostly serious stuff this week. I didn’t find many funny or cute posts this time. Maybe its due to the Democratic convention? If you find something…

2. [...] megg in Uncategorized these turned out to be amazing. the recipe i followed just ignored the syrup left in the bottom of the pan after they cooked, but i felt like [...]