I rarely make lists as posts, so consider this a treat.I didn’t even make one for Canada Day! Shame shame. Anyway, if you’re still looking for ideas for the weekend, here are some easy peasy suggestions, ye American neighbors.
- Summer Strawberry Fro-Yo or Honey Peach Fro-Yo will beat the heat, the ice cream craving and that stupid weight-loss diet. Eat with little guilt. Savor it.
- Baked Garlic Rhubarb Wings features the season’s rhubarb. Plus it’s baked! I have no doubt this will be a surprise hit at your party.
- If you do not care about having greasy, fatty wings (didn’t I just make it the most appetizing thing in the world?!), say hello to our Homestyle Buffalo Wild Wings. Yes, that B-W-W. I guarantee it’s that good.
- For something that looks a little fancier — and still healthy — try the Tuna-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms.
- What about some Baked Potato Beet Salad?
- For a good dip for your chips or crispy breads, make this Spinach and Artichoke Dip. I can still remember how good it was. Mmm.
Here are recipes for dessert (or snack) that require a little more work, but you will get a lot of love from the people who will enjoy it:
Yes, it’s true, when you come to my party you won’t see the usual fares. :p
Happy Independence Day weekend, friends!