A Simple Breakfast of Yogurt with Fruit

Ok, I’d like to see a show of hands:

How many of you have procrastinated on something this week? Spill! :)

If you can only see me now, my hands and arms couldn’t be any higher! In August, my brain slows down, my discipline goes on vacation and I am stuck with a mid-summer love affair with someone called Procrastination or Cunctation. I call him CunkyPunky. (See? This is beginning to sound more fun than it really is.) I just have to accept that August is CunkyPunky time and I should just breathe and relax. Aside from procrastinating with CP, I’m also trying to balance bank accounts and to keep sane in the midst of paying even more taxes. I don’t even want to think about it, because aside from my already-planned trip to Blogher Food, there’s another event that I would love to attend: Foodbuzz in November. (I call it an injustice that they are both held in San Francisco! Woe is me, who lives across the north border.) Just when I need to “kick ass” in the making-money department, all CP wants to do is drag me to graze in the grass like spoiled cows living in a luscious Hawaiian ranch–that kind of downtime. I have to remind him that traveling involves money, which involves doing something.

Ayayay.

This super simple breakfast post was supposed to be up last week, but CP and I had a week-long rendezvous. I’m sorry. But I hope you’ll forgive me. It is very easy to do anyway:

Just cook berries in simple syrup of 1 sugar :1 water proportion, wait for it to thicken, then set it aside to cool down. Serve generously on top of your favorite yogurt.

Fage greek yogurt with blueberry compote

In my case, it’s the Fage 2% greek yogurt. That’s it. No theatrics, just plain and simple food. I eat this for breakfast, as a dessert or as a snack. It’s a great way to save berries that might otherwise go bad this summer, especially if you happen to haul big boxes of them from the farmer’s market.

Fage greek yogurt with blueberry compote

I’m still rallying to have Fage here in Vancouver. I have never seen it here. Hello– Fage?!?!?!

In case you were wondering– No, Fage isn’t a sponsor of this blog. I just happen to love it so much that I milk my parents, who cross the border several times a month, to bring me Fage. It’s that good.

20 Responses to “A Simple Breakfast of Yogurt with Fruit”

1. April says:

I also love Fage! And this looks delicious and light, perfect for Summer.
    .-= April´s last blog ..Grapes! =-.

2. Natalie says:

This looks like a lovely breakfast! The yogurt looks so creamy and smooth. Great photos too!
    .-= Natalie´s last blog ..Blueberry, Pineapple & Roasted Hatch Chile Pepper Salsa =-.

3. Nate says:

Ach, what a beautiful picture. Wishing I had some fresh blueberries here…
    .-= Nate´s last blog ..Foodie Excursion to Ijok for Beggar’s Delights =-.

4. Tea says:

You should also try Astro Natural (Balkan style)! You can buy that in the supermarket’s here. It’s really yummy.
    .-= Tea´s last blog ..Alice in Wonderland =-.

5. Alta says:

I love this! I usually eat the berries straight, along with my yogurt, drizzled with a bit of honey. This looks like another delicious way to do it! I recently made a blueberry “syrup” like this, same method, only I added a bit of lemon zest just to give it that little something extra. Yum! And I, too, have procrastinated a lot this week! With two nights out and not making dinners, this means that preparing lunches has also gone out the window, so I’m scrambling to throw random things together so we have things to eat.

6. megan says:

I was going to try to stop procrastinating, but I think I’ll start tomorrow. I love yogurt and berries for breakfast. I’ve never seen Fage but if I do, I’ll try it. Love the pic.

7. Emily says:

If only I could pass you a jar of the jam! It would go so well indeed :)
    .-= Emily´s last blog ..We Went Picking Wild Blackberries. =-.

8. diva says:

that blueberry compote is beautiful. what a lovely colour! would be so yum with the vanilla ice cream i’ve got!
    .-= diva´s last blog ..Matcha & Sweet Adzuki Bean Muffins =-.

9. nora@ffr says:

m loving the beautiful attractive color!! fantastic breakfast :) shud give a try soon!!
    cheers!!
    .-= nora@ffr´s last blog ..Pineapple Cooking Tips =-.

10. Kevin says:

That looks like a great way to enjoy some Greek yogurt and some fresh blueberries. It is almost impossible to find Greek yogurt here in Toronto…

11. Awesome, Awesome photo. Lucky you! I wish I could go to BlogHer Food as well.

12. Kaitlin says:

Beautiful! Sounds delicious – and so simple, too!

13. Oh, oh, oh. I might as well share it with you so you can add another yoghurt recipe to your brekkie box. Take some Turkish/Greek yoghurt, put it in a bowl, add some flaked almonds and top up with some ginger jam. You may go mad….with addiction. I am NEVER out of ginger jam and almonds. Its delicious immediately but leave it overnight…..out of this world. And Greek yoghurt is healthy – high in protein, keeps you feeling fuller, longer! Peace
    .-= Kitchen Butterfly´s last blog ..Things I‚Äôm thankful for‚Ķ =-.

14. Nat says:

Adorable sense of humor. I can totally relate!

15. Hillary says:

This looks so good! Sure beats the fruit at the bottom yogurts you can buy in the grocery store :) Here’s a list of all sorts of things to do with Fage yoghurt!

16. I love fage too. Your fruit topping looks great.

17. Nice idea to cook the fruit. I have this sort of breakfast quite often, but usually just do chopped fruit, vanilla yogurt & a splash of granola.
    .-= Lori @ RecipeGirl´s last blog ..Ice Cream Man Smackdown! =-.

18. farida says:

I love topping Greek yogurt with all kinds of berries. It is so delicious. And good for you too.
    .-= farida´s last blog ..Crumb Cake ‚ÄúFragile‚Äù =-.

19. megan says:

Thanks for the recommendation for the Fage yogurt. It IS that good! It’s my new love!

20. Hi there – so excited to hear that you are a big fan of FAGE Total yogurt. When people try it, they always fall in love with its great taste and ridiculously thick texture and we’re glad you have too. I’m shooting you an email now, and will also look into distribution in the Vancouver area for ya!