Filed Under | dailies

Happy New Year!

Here’s wishing you all a Happy New Year! I hope 2010 will be a very good year for all of us.

To greet 2010, my brother, sister-in-law, and I decided to cook up a traditional Filipino meal for New Year’s: pansit (noodles, for long life), lumpiang shanghai (meat spring roll), lumpiang gulay (vegetable spring roll), roast chicken, and fruit salad with buko (coconut meat). Served with bubblies.

Happy New Year!

We had our 12 round fruits for “good luck”, too.

Happy new year!

We had another roast poultry, chicken this time, cooked using Julia Child’s method:

Roast Chicken

Here’s what I started to do for 2010…well, those that I could share in public:

1. I committed to posting a photo a day for Project 365 for Food Bloggers. This is going to be a good exercise for daily photo upload and seeing what everybody else is eating, cooking, or taking photos of.

2. I’m participating in the Ten in 10 Healthy Challenge where I made a 10-week commitment to make these healthy changes in my life: eat more balance meals (including eating breakfast, which I almost always skip), get into a regular running routine, and finish my Couch to 5K program (well, I am on the 12-week plan, but I would like to finish the bulk of it, health permitting).

10 Responses to “Happy New Year!”

1. MaryMoh says:

That a very lovely meal together. Happy New Year!
    .-= MaryMoh´s last blog ..Thai Mango Salad By Hubby On New Year 2010 =-.

2. My roast chickens don’t look like that- looks yummy :)

Best of luck w/ the challenge!
    .-= Lori @ RecipeGirl´s last blog ..Ten in ‚Äò10 Healthy Challenge: Week 1 =-.

3. megan says:

It looks like a perfect meal. Good luck in the 10in10 challenge! And Happy New Year!
    .-= megan´s last blog ..Recipe For Lemon Bars with White Chocolate Chips =-.

4. Lauren says:

What fun! I’m doing the same – both the 365 and 10 in 10! Can’t wait to see how your year goes =D.
    .-= Lauren´s last blog ..2010: Looking Forward =-.

5. Happy New Year! Goo luck with your challenge
    .-= The Food Hunter´s last blog ..Julia Child’s Beef Bourguignon =-.

6. Esi says:

We have the same resolutions!! Happy new year my sweet :)
    .-= Esi´s last blog ..Daring Bakers: Gingerbread House =-.

7. Happy New Year to you too! Your dinner looks delicious and I love your traditions. I am also starting to do Project 365, I’m on the 2nd day and I am loving it already, can’t wait to see your beautiful photos!

8. Trissa says:

Happy New Year! I can’t wait to see what pictures you have to show us in 2010!
    .-= Trissa´s last blog ..Procrastinating Happiness =-.

9. Wendy says:

Happy New Year!! 2010 is going to be awesome!! It looks like you started off the right way.
    .-= Wendy´s last blog ..Ten in 2010 =-.

10. Kristina says:

Happy New Year Joy! So glad you were a part of my 2009!
    .-= Kristina´s last blog ..Dark Days Challenge – Week 7 & Eating More Duck Fat =-.