Quick & Easy: Endives with Lox & Cream Cheese Spread

Here in Vancouver, we are quickly shifting into summer and it is getting HOT. I don’t know if it’s because of this that I am suddenly lethargic, but this has to stop soon because I have a lot of things to do! That includes our newsletter (which is looking more like June would be the next) and the roundup of the virtual Tea Exchange party I hosted. My apologies, dear participants!

Going along this lack of energy theme, I could (figuratively) barely lift a finger to prepare anything that requires cooking these days. I feel like my body’s battery is mimicking the iPhone’s. Ha ha. I haven’t baked or cooked in a while. Perhaps all the eating out has contributed to my body blues? In any case, quick and easy isn’t so bad…

I got the idea to make this from Danielle’s Home-cured Salmon Spread & Endives. She made home-cured salmon, while I used up some leftover lox. And I didn’t follow the quantities of the recipe, I just glanced at the ingredients and made a quick mix of chopped lox, walnuts, cream cheese, a drizzle of lemon juice, a few wisps of lemon zest and a sprinkle of sea salt.

Serve that in crisp endive leaves and enjoy it with a glass of wine or fresh ice tea…mmm. They make a good summer combo.

It’s the easiest thing to make and it was surprisingly filling. Again, there’s no (strict) recipe required, only your imagination and an openness to taste.

I love being inspired by other people’s recipes, especially from food blogging friends. Although we don’t see each other that often (or most of the time, have never met in person), we could share the same feast.

Do you have any other no-cook recipes (or recipes that require little cooking)? Please share!

13 Responses to “Quick & Easy: Endives with Lox & Cream Cheese Spread”

Those who aren’t open to taste would be missing out on a pretty sweet spread! Very chic! :)
    .-= Manggy´s last blog ..Ad Hoc’s Banana Bread Pudding =-.

2. Danielle says:

Glad that you tried it! Isn’t this the easiest, yet classiest, meal ever?? ;) I love how you just mixed everything together without a care for proportions, because that’s truly the spirit of cooking on the fly! Hope to see you sometime this year!!
    .-= Danielle´s last blog ..Grow Your Vegetables =-.

Love it! Thank you, hun! Yes, absolutely…definitely something awesome to serve at a party. Hopefully, we will see each other in the fall. :)

3. Oooh, fun recipe for a dinner party. That’s a nice appetizer right there.
    .-= The Duo Dishes´s last blog ..Patience is Indeed a Virtue =-.

4. Sandy says:

Yum! That’s my lunch right there!
    .-= Sandy´s last blog ..oh canada. why? =-.

5. Gaby says:

I hear you on the no cooking when its crazy hot out! I love making dips and eating them on endive or pita chips!! I always mix guacamole with some lump crab and mix in some basil… soooo sooo good!

6. elra says:

Perfect idea for entertaining, they are so pretty as well as delicious. Have you tried Muhammara? It doesn’t require any cooking.
    .-= elra´s last blog ..Lamb Biriani (Lamb Biryani) =-.

7. This looks so good and easy! For me, currently the best no cooking recipe is cutting up an alphonso mango and eating it sliver by sliver! LOL Trying to eat as many as i can before the season ends
    .-= The Purple Foodie´s last blog ..Mango Lassi =-.

8. justcooknyc says:

ooh, i think i’d love this. endive is such a great appetizer food.

9. Alta says:

This looks so satisfying! Yum!
    .-= Alta´s last blog ..Guest Post at Ginger Lemon Girl – Quick & Easy Gluten-Free =-.